Sunday 9 October 2011

Nursery Rhymes

Simple Simon

Simple Simon met a pieman,
Going to the fair;
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
"Let me taste your ware."
"Let me taste your ware."
"Show me first your penny,"
Says the pieman to Simple Simon,
"Show me first your penny,"
Says Simple Simon to the pieman,
"Indeed, I have not any."
Simple Simon went a-fishing
For to catch a whale;
All the water he could find
Was in his mother's pail!
For to catch a whale
He pricked his fingers
Simple Simon went to look
If plums grew on a thistle;
He pricked his fingers very much,
Which made poor Simon whistle.
He went to catch a dicky bird,
And thought he could not fail,
Because he had a little salt,
To put upon its tail.
He went to catch a dicky bird
But soon it ran all throughHe went for water with a sieve,
But soon it ran all through;
And now poor Simple Simon
Bids you all adieu.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment